The TSM Master in International Management is an EFMD-Accredited programme.
The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Accreditation is the most thorough programme accreditation system for business and management programmes with an international perspective.
The Master in International Management – International Management - Double degree in Asian Context - IMAC (FT) track is a full-time double degree over two years, entirely taught in English and designed for International and French university graduates. After validation, students obtain a double degree from TSM and the College of Management of Mahidol University (CMMU) in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Master offers high quality teaching from professors in two internationally renowned institutions, a truly multicultural work environment with students coming from all over the world, and close relationships with the business world.
By the end of the Master in International Management - Double degree IMAC (FT) track, students will be able to:
- Discuss international business situations and issues, with a particular focus on the Asian economy;
- Apply theoretical and conceptual elements to the analysis of international business situations, and especially business situations with and within Asian companies;
- Use of methodological tools and frameworks in business analysis and development;
- Design relevant recommendations on international business situations based on methodological tools and frameworks;
- Comprehend different ways in which international business affects society and environment;
- Communicate clearly and efficiently both in written and oral modes;
- Operate in a multicultural environment (negotiate, manage, lead)
In their first year, students follow courses in Toulouse and do a 3 to 6-month internship in France or abroad.
In their second year, students follow courses at College of Management of Mahidol University (CMMU) in Bangkok, Thailand, and do a 6-month internship in Thailand or abroad.
In the first year of the Master, students attend the following courses from September to April:
SEMESTER 4 (in Toulouse)
- Strategic Management
- Management Information Systems
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- Organizational Behaviour
SEMESTER 2 (in Toulouse)
- International Strategy
- Business plan and Entrepreneurship
- Pratical seminars on International management in the Asian and Thai context
In the second year, students follow courses at College Of Management Of Mahidol University (CMMU) in Bangkok, Thailand.
SEMESTER 3 (in Bangkok)
- Asian economy in the global context
- Competitive Strategy
- Strategic Brand Management
- Managerial negotiation strategy
- Cross-cultural management
- Decision Skills
- Project Management
- Consulting Tools in Sustainability
- Thematic paper
The Master International Management in Asian Context (IMAC) double degree is open to students having completed the first year of the Master in International Management (MIM). Application for the double degree is made simultaneously with the application for the first year of the Master, via the supplementary form.
Prerequisites applicable to all candidates for the first year of the Master International Management (M1):
→ Successful completion of 180 ECTS (3-year degree)
→ An English language test for non-English speakers (C1 required):
• As this program is taught entirely in English, applicants must prove their English language proficiency. TSM accepts one of the following tests, which must not be older than two years at the time of application:
- - TOEFL (ITP not accepted)
- - TOIEC (Bridge not accepted)
- - Cambridge Certificate (First, Advanced, or Proficiency)
- - IELTS (Academic)
• Exception: passport holders from one country where English is the official language or one of the official languages are exempted from the English test.
→ Examination of candidate’s application and interview
The double degree Master programme “International Management in Asian Context” gave me the opportunity to develop a deeper knowledge of what it means to live, study and work abroad, on a professional level, and also in my personal life. I had the opportunity to travel around the region and discover a culture completely different from the European one, and meet interesting people along these two semesters.
Due to this experience and the international exposure it gave me, I found an internship as an international trade consultant in India. I then got a V.I.E in South Africa for Tata Consultancy Services as an operational consultant. It was a great experience to study at Mahidol, one of the top universities in Thailand, and I highly recommend it!
Jérémy Guilmoto - Class 2015/2016
Functional Consultant at Tata Consultancy Services
This programme prepares students for the following professions:
- Export Manager
- Area Manager
- Transnational Contracts Negotiator
- Subsidiary Manager
- Project Manager
- Consultant (Strategy, IT, HR, Procurement, Supply Chain)
- Trade Manager
- Business Analyst
- Purchasing Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Business Developer
- Key Accounts Manager