Studying abroad

What is an academic mobility?

An academic mobility is an exchange of 1 or 2 semesters within a TSM partner university. At the end of this exchange and subject to passing your exams, you will successfully complete your academic year.


What is the point of a mobility?

Having international experience will enhance your CV and attract the eye of employers. You will be immersed in another culture, in an educational system different from TSM and you will practise a foreign language on a daily basis. This experience will also be an opportunity to meet students from all backgrounds and expand your professional network.


Who can apply for a mobility?

TSM students as well as students who are not currently enrolled in TSM can apply for a mobility. Candidates must at least be in the process of validating 120 ECTS (equivalent of a Bachelor 2). The application procedure is the same for all students, whether or not they are already registered at TSM (see “Application procedure” below). 


How long does the mobility last?

You can study abroad for a full academic year (semester 1 and semester 2) or for the 1st semester only.


I’m not a TSM student. Can I apply for a mobility?

Yes, you can apply. Candidates must at least be in the process of validating 120 ECTS (equivalent of a Bachelor 2).


I don’t have French nationality. Can I apply for a mobility?

Yes. The application procedure is the same for all students. However, it will be your responsibility to check the necessary visa according to your nationality.


At what level of education can I go on mobility? 

You can go on mobility during your Bachelor of Science 2, your Bachelor 3 or your Master 1.


What are the selection criteria for going on mobility?

The selection is based on 3 criteria:

  • 1st criterion: minimum language level B2 of European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Check the accepted language tests on the map of our partner universities.
  • 2nd criterion: academic record
    Your academic record is examined by the director of the requested programme.
  • 3rd criterion: motivation
    After submitting your application online, you will be invited to a video interview.

On what programme can I go on mobility?

At the Bachelor level, you can go on mobility in:

At the Master level, you can go on mobility in:

Can I go on mobility in DCG or DSCG? 

No. No mobility can be undertaken in DCG or in DSCG.


Can I go on mobility in Master 1 Accounting, Control and Auditing?

No, I cannot go with a Master 1 Accounting, Control and Auditing.
Warning: Bachelor 2 students who wish to enrol in the Master Accounting, Control and Auditing at TSM after their mobility: mobility only possible in Bachelor 3 Accounting-Financial Control at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR).


Can I apply for more than one mobility programme?

Yes. In this case you must make a MoveOn application for each desired programme. For example: a MoveOn application for M1 Marketing + a different MoveOn application for M1 International Management.


I would like to apply for mobility at TSM. Can I also apply for mobility at UT1 and/or TSE?

Yes. In this case, you need to make two applications: one for the TSM programme you wish to apply, and one for the UT1 or TSE programme you also wish to apply.


Do I need to have a minimum grade point average to apply?

We invite you to check the admission requirements for the programme you wish to apply.


I am currently in Master 1 / Bachelor 3 and I wish to reorient myself and do another Master 1 / Bachelor 3 in mobility. Is that possible?

Yes, if your professional and academic project justifies it.


I am currently in mobility in Bachelor 3 and I would like to apply for a mobility in Master 1. Is that possible?

Yes. You need to apply between October and January on

Which countries and which universities can I go to for mobility? 

Check the list of our partner universities.


Can I apply for more than one destination at a time?

Yes, you can apply for up to 5 destinations for each programme.


Do I have to choose 5 destinations?

No, you don’t have to choose 5 destinations. However, we recommend that you apply to at least 3 universities.

I am not a native French speaker. Do I need a language test to apply to a French-speaking destination?

Yes. The accepted French language tests are:

  • DELF,
  • DALF,
  • TCF.

We also recommend you check whether the partner university accepts those tests.


I am a native English-speaker. Do I need a English language test? 

It depends on the programme and partner university you are applying for. Please check the requirements on the programme page and on the partner university website.


What language can I study in?

The majority of our partners offer English-taught courses.

It is also possible to study in Spanish at universities in Spain or South America and in French at universities in Belgium and Canada.


What language test should I take?

TSM accepts the following English language tests

  • TOEFL iBT (ITP version not accepted),
  • TOEIC “Listening and Reading” mandatory - “Speaking and Writing” recommended - “Bridge” not accepted,
  • Cambridge First Certificate,
  • Cambridge Advanced Certificate,
  • Cambridge Proficiency,
  • IELTS Academic.

Check out where and when you can take the TOEIC or TOEFL test

Check out where and when you can take the IELTS test

TSM accepts the following Spanish language tests

  • SIELE,
  • DELE.

Please check also the accepted language test on the map of our partner universities.


Is it better to take the TOEFL or the TOEIC? 

Please check the accepted language test on the map of our partner universities.

How do I apply for a mobility?

Apply online on the MoveOn form from October to January for a departure the following year. Check the precise calendar and access the application form 


What documents do I need to apply?

To apply, you need:

  • a passport photo,
  • a CV,
  • a cover letter,
  • two reference letters,
  • a learning agreement for each chosen destination,
  • a language test of minimum level B2 valid at the time of application (special case: minimum level C1 in English for an application in Master 1 International Management).


Who should I ask for reference letters?

You can request your reference letters from a teacher, employer or internship tutor… Letters can be in English or French.


When will I know if I’m selected for a mobility? 

Pre-selections take place during February. Final selections take place in March. Check the prospective calendar.


If I am not selected for mobility, can I still apply to TSM?

Yes. If you are not selected for mobility, you will follow the normal procedure: you need to apply on eCandidature on the TSM website during the application period (February to April each year for a start in September).


If I am accepted on mobility, can I cancel my departure?

If your application is selected for mobility, you will be asked to sign a letter of commitment. If you finally wish to withdraw after signing your letter of commitment, your place in mobility will be lost.

What is a Learning Agreement?

A Learning Agreement is the document on which you need to list the courses you wish to take at the partner university.


What courses should I take at the partner university? 

You do not take a particular degree at the host university: you choose courses “à la carte”. The subjects chosen must be equivalent to those offered in the TSM programmes.


How to find courses at the partner university?

Choose your courses by looking at the course catalogue of the universities you are interested in on the interactive map. Please make sure to follow the rules of the partner university. The partner university may offer a limited range of courses for students in mobility.


How to fill in my Learning Agreement?

To fill in your Learning Agreement, read the guide “How to complete my Learning Agreement”.


How my marks obtained at the partner university will be validated at TSM? 

At the end of each semester, the partner university will provide you with a transcript of records. TSM’s International Office will transcribe it according to an equivalence grid.


Does the partner university delivers me a degree? 

No. The partner university will only give you a transcript of records.

How much does a mobility cost? 

  • Tuition fees

You will be enrolled in TSM and will be required to pay the TSM tuition fee. You will not be required to pay any tuition fees at the partner university. However, you may be asked to pay additional feels on site (student associations, gym, health insurance…).


  • Living costs

You can compare the living costs in different cities with this comparator:


Where can I find out about mobility scholarships?

Check out the scholarships and grants for international mobility.

For more information, do feel free to contact: (office J103-2, building Arsenal)


How to find accommodation on site? 

Some universities will offer on-campus housing. If the partner university does not offer housing, it often offers support in your search for accommodation.