The MSc. in Marketing is the first year of the TSM Doctoral Programme which is an EPAS-accredited rigorous international training.
EPAS is delivered by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is the most thorough programme accreditation system for business and management programmes with an international perspective. According to EFMD: "[...] the Doctoral Programme is a very good programme with well-organised and institutionalised provision. It concentrates on developing candidates with rigorous research competencies in combination with the ability to identify and communicate on the practical applications of research. The programme offers a robust international learning experience through institutional networks and partners."
The Master of Science in Marketing aims at training a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative researchers, able to face current and future challenges.
To do so it creatively combines the best of practice, theory, qualitative & quantitative tools and reality-based education. You will attend academic conferences, make presentations, organise seminars, and contribute to management and academic decisions. The programme also offers high quality teaching and a truly multicultural work environment with students coming from all over the world.
Our MSc offers the excellence training needed for international and French university graduates interested in pursuing a career in research:
- Rigorous selection process
- Close supervision by internationally recognized high-level research professors who publish in the best journals
- Full immersion in the lab research activities
- Exchanges with the world’s best universities
- Research presentations in the leading international conferences
We deliberately keep the MSc small to allow you to work closely with your supervisor, develop interaction with other faculty members who will be happy to act as sounding boards, and gain teaching experience.
Discover our interview Campus Channel
We are looking for talented applicants who are enthusiastic about research, genuinely intellectually curious, like reading and debating, want to be able to answer new questions and love to travel and meet new people. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to take a closer look at our TSM Doctoral Programme, and we look forward to receiving your application.
The Master of Science is the first year of the TSM Doctoral Programme which is one of only 4 doctoral programmes entirely dedicated to management in France.
The academic year starts early September.
Students have the opportunity to take a gap year before entering the programme.
- Learning and practice in research
- Engaging with the scientific literature
- Management science
- Qualitative methods
- Quantitative methods
- Experimental methods
Track specific research courses
- Research process and design
- Advanced methods in marketing
- Perspectives in marketing
Track specific practitioner courses
- Technology Acceptance Model
- Transformative Technologies and Consumer Well-being
- Consumer Behavior
Research training seminars
- Managing your PhD: getting started
- Library resources
- What are the good academic conferences?
- How to present a research paper?
- International job market
- Alumni talk
- The French cultural etiquette
- Master thesis or internship
- A Bachelor’s degree (in the US)
- A Master first year (in Europe)
- An equivalent diploma, representing a four-year course of study in an accredited college or university
A complete Master’s degree is not required, although many applicants have a Master’s degree in such fields as management, finance, economics, psychology, engineering, and statistics.
- Completed online application form
- EasyRecrue pre-recorded video interview
- English test for non-English speakers
- Two reference letters
Details are available here.
I really loved my Toulouse School of Management experience. I started my Bachelor at TSM and continued with the Master in Marketing.
I think that the professors are awesome when talking about marketing and strategy, and that the research Master programme is very complete. It helped me to find my way and choose the professional life I wanted. I would not hesitate to recommend the research Master cursus I did to anyone who wants to work in marketing.
Research Master in Marketing 2015
If students have written a Master thesis during their Master of Science in Marketing they can apply to the MPhil in Management, in order to follow the second year of Doctoral Programme. The later years of the doctoral programme are dedicated to original research and the creation of a dissertation.
Graduates pursue international careers in leading universities and business schools, policy-oriented institutions and private firms.