The Master International Management in European Context (IMEC) is a full-time double degree over two years, entirely taught in English and designed for International and French university graduates. After validation, students obtain a double degree from TSM and KU Leuven in Belgium.
The Master offers high quality teaching from professors in two internationally renowned institutions, a truly multicultural work environment with students coming from all over the world, and close relationships with the business world.
By the end of the Master International Management in European Context (IMEC), students will be able to:
- Discuss international business situations and issues, with a particular focus on the European economy ;
- Apply theoretical and conceptual elements to the analysis of international business situations, and especially business situations with and within European companies ;
- Use methodological tools and frameworks in business analysis and development ;
- Design relevant recommendations on international business situations based on methodological tools and frameworks ;
- Comprehend different ways in which international business affects the society and the environment ;
- Communicate clearly and efficiently both in written and oral modes ;
- Operate in a multicultural environment (negotiate, manage, lead)
In their first year, students follow courses in Toulouse and do a 3 to 6-month internship in France or abroad.
In their second year, students follow courses at KU Leuven in Brussels, Belgium, and do a 6-month internship in Europe or abroad.
In the first year of the Master, students attend the following courses from September to April:
SEMESTER 1 (in Toulouse)
- UE1: Strategic Management
- UE2: Management Information Systems
- UE3: Quantitative Data Analysis
- UE4: Accounting
- UE5: Organizational Behaviour
SEMESTER 2 (in Toulouse)
- UE6: Finance
- UE7: Marketing
- UE8: International Strategy
- UE9: Business plan and Entrepreneurship
- UE10: Internship
- UE11: Practical seminars on international management in the European context
In the second year, students follow courses at KU Leven in Brussels, Belgium.
SEMESTER 3 (in Brussels)
- International Accounting & Control
- International Business Strategy
- Interdisciplinary Assessment Project
- International Marketing
- Strategic International HRM
- International Economics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Recent Advances in European Business
- Project Management
- Master thesis & Internship
The Master International Management in European Context (IMEC) double degree is open to students having completed the first year of the Master in International Management (MIM). Application for the double degree is made simultaneously with the application for the first year of the Master, via the supplementary form.
Prerequisites applicable to all candidates for the first year of Master (M1):
→ Successful completion of 180 ECTS
→ For non-English speakers: an English language test (C1 required)
→ Examination of candidate’s application and possible interview
Coming to Brussels is a great decision!
The double degree Master in International Management in the European Context is the perfect opportunity to get different perspectives, enlarge your network and gain and develop new skills in the heart of Europe. Besides, living in an international, dynamic city is a great chance to discover new cultures and its geographic position allows you to travel around many different places.
The experience in KU Leuven, one of the top universities in Belgium and the world, allows you consolidate knowldege and allows to understand new approaches on learning.
If you are looking for a new experience around new cultures, challenges, and personal development, I would definitely recommend it!
Mauricio AMIEVA GUEVARA - Class 2018/2019
This programme prepares students for the following professions:
- Export Manager
- Area Manager
- Transnational Contracts Negotiator
- Subsidiary Manager
- Project Manager
- Consultant (Strategy, IT, HR, Procurement, Supply Chain)
- Trade Manager
- Business Analyst
- Purchasing Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Business Developer
- Key Accounts Manager