The TSM Master in Finance among the top 10 Masters in Finance that are EFMD-Accredited worldwide
The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Accreditation is the most thorough programme accreditation system for business and management programmes with an international perspective. According to EFMD: "The TSM Master in Finance is a robust academic programme with a commendable connection with the world of practice. The programme demonstrates several examples of best practices among which the use of ILOs to develop the provision but also to conduct programme delivery and assessment. The programme also offers a unique academic approach combined with the purpose of applying knowledge and skills to solving real-life problems and practical learning opportunities through internships."
The double degree « Corporate Finance » (DU - CF) is a degree of excellence that gives a double competence in corporate finance and banking. It aims at training financial professionals as financial analysts with specific banking sector knowledge.
Thanks to this programme, students gradually build a professional project in finance in an international context.
It gives access to the Master of Banking and Asset Management of HEC Management School - University of Liège (ULiège) in Belgium - and the corresponding degree, in addition to the EPAS-accredited Master Corporate Finance of TSM.
Students who enrol in this programme spend the first two semesters at TSM and the third and fourth semesters at HEC Liège.
The double degree enables students to:
- acquire an in-depth knowledge of financial institutions, financial markets and instruments, as well as they operate and are used;
- master concepts and issues related to investment decisions involving business valuation and financing structuring (Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital);
- acquire the fundamentals of corporate finance and develop expertise in financial reasoning;
- understand the scope of financial operations through mastering innovative approaches and their calculation and optimisation;
- demonstrate a critical perspective on the skills acquired in the programme through personal reflection on the finance function and through individual and group experiences.
SEMESTER 3 & 4 AT HEC LIEGE
- - Business Ethics and CSR
- - Master Thesis Methodology
- - Seminar on Sustainability and Smart Territories
- - Foreign Language
- - Fund Industry
- - Advanced Corporate Finance and Modeling
- - Financial Risk Management
- - International Finance
One « Finance » course to choose among:
- - Ethics, Regulation and Compliance in Finance
- - Comptabilité approfondie et fiscalité
- - Diagnostics approfondis de l’entreprise
- - Empirical Methods in Financial Markets
- - Financial Data Modeling and Analysis
- - Financial Risk Modeling
One « Management » course to choose among:
- - Strategic Marketing Seminar
- - International Management Seminar
- Candidates wishing to do a double degree must have completed the TSM M1 in Finance. They will be able to apply for the double degree when they apply for the M2 in Corporate Finance.
- English language test (B2 required).
- Examination of candidate’s application and possible interview.
Fields of expertise:
- Financial analyst
- Financial controller
- Corporate business manager in a banking institution
- Merger-acquisitions specialist
- Investments manager
- Research manager
- Asset manager