The Master International Management in European Context (IMEC) is a full-time double degree over two years, entirely taught in English and designed for International and French university graduates. After validation, students obtain a double degree from the Toulouse School of Management and KU Leuven in Belgium. The programme is highly selective and targets students with a strong motivation to work in an international environment and ready to develop the competences needed by globally operating companies, with a special focus on the European context.
In their first year, students follow courses in Toulouse and do a 3 to 6-month internship in France or abroad. In their second year, students follow courses at KU Leuven in Brussels, Belgium, and do a 6-month internship in Europe or abroad.
The Master offers high quality teaching from professors in two internationally renowned institutions, a truly multicultural work environment with students coming from all over the world, and close relationships with the business world. Teaching is based on lectures, case studies, role plays, simulation games, etc.
Intended Learning Outcomes of the programme:
- Understand international business situations and issues, with a particular focus on the European economy
- Understand theoretical and conceptual elements of international management
- Apply these concepts to the analysis of international business situations, and especially business situations with and within European companies
- Use of methodological tools and frameworks in business analysis and development
- Demonstrate analytical skills and capacity of critical thinking
- Communicate clearly and efficiently both in written and oral modes
- Operate in a multicultural and transnational environment (comprehend, negotiate, manage)
In the first year of the Master, students attend the following courses from September to April:
Semester 1 (in Toulouse):
- UE1: Strategic Management
- UE2: Management Information Systems
- UE3: Quantitative Data Analysis
- UE4: Accounting
- UE5: Organizational Behaviour
Semester 2 (in Toulouse):
- UE6: Finance
- UE7: Marketing
- UE8: International Strategy
- UE9: Business plan and Entrepreneurship
- UE10: Internship
- UE11: Practical seminar on international management in the European context
Semester 3 (in Brussels):
- International Accounting & Control
- International Business Strategy
- Interdisciplinary Assessment Project
- International Marketing
- Strategic International HRM
- International Economics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Recent Advances in European Business
- Project Management
- Master thesis & Internship
First year Master (M1) is open to students holding a B.A./B.Sc. diploma in management, student holding another type of B.A./B.Sc. diploma or equivalent degree (with 180 credits) after examination of their application.
-The double degree being a continuation of the first year of the Master in International Management, it is open to students having completed the first year of the Master in International Management.
-Application to the double degree is made simultaneaously with the application to the first year of the Master, via the supplementary form.
-English language test (C1 level)
-examination of candidate's admissions application and possible interview
KU Leuven in Belgium
Careers in multinationals and internationally operating companies, as Export Manager, Area Manager, Transnational Contracts Negotiator, International Human Resources Manager, Subsidiary Manager, Project Manager, Consultant (Strategy, IT, HR, Procurement, Supply Chain), Trade Manager, Management Controller, Business Analyst, Purchasing Manager, Customer Service Manager, Business Developer, Key Accounts Manager,...